Our wedding experts at Moddershall Oaks have put together a handy Ultimate Wedding Planning Checklist infographic to give you peace-of-mind that you’re checking off the important tasks in the build-up to your big day. You’ll find lists of important things to do, to think about and to remember when there are 12, 9, 6 and 3 months to go, as well as lists for much closer to the wedding.
Don’t forget to bookmark this page so you can refer back to it.
For more information or to speak to our wedding planning experts, please get in touch via our weddings enquiry form or call us on 01782 399 000.
Planning the perfect wedding is hard work. There’s so much to remember! We made this comprehensive checklist to help you take care of every little detail, so your big day will go off without a hitch.
ONE YEAR TO GO…
- Collect clippings for your ‘Wedding Ideas’ folder.
- Use Pinterest boards to record your inspirations.
- Pick your wedding party and start your guest list.
- Set a realistic budget for your big day.
- Visit wedding venues and book a date and an officiant.
- Start researching florists, photographers and bands.
NINE MONTHS TO GO…
- Book your photographer, videographer and entertainment.
- Don’t forget to go to a few gigs to check the band out first!)
- If your venue doesn’t supply food, start meeting your caterers.
- Time to buy the dress! You’ll want to book three fittings or more.
- Think about hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Create social media groups and use free online tools like Appy Couple to make a website with details for guests, including your wish-list for wedding gifts.
SIX MONTHS TO GO…
- You’ve got your dress – now for the bridesmaids’ dresses!
- Buy your wedding shoes and wear them to your first dress fitting.
- Buy invitations and send a save-the-date – keep chasing the stationer.
- Book a florist and transport for you and the guests.
- Plan the ceremony with the officiant and pick your music
- Book the rehearsal ceremony and wedding breakfast.
- Schedule hair and makeup artists – for practices and the real thing.
- Order the cake. Remember to try samples first…but not too many or that dress will never fit!
THREE MONTHS TO GO…
- Finalise things with your caterer and florist.
- Don’t forget to get the wedding favours!
- Make sure everyone knows their job on the day – toasts, speeches and readings.
- It’s not all about the dress – it’s time to buy some sexy underwear too!
- Buy rings and print menus and order of service brochures.
- Send invitations and check in with all vendors (just in case!).
- Get your marriage licence.
- Confirm everyone is available for the rehearsals.
- Have another dress fitting – hopefully the last!
- Stock the bar.
JUST A FEW WEEKS TO GO…
- Chase up those RSVPs.
- Check in with vendors and check times for hair and makeup appointments.
- Make as many final payments as you can.
- Check that all drivers have directions.
- Get your bridesmaid’s gifts.
- Assign seating for the big day.
- Write your vows!
THE WEEK OF THE WEDDING…
- Do a final check with all vendors – better safe than sorry!
- Send timelines and small jobs to your bridal party.
- Pick up your wedding dress.
- Prepare any payments for vendors on the day – cheques and tips.
- It’s been hard work – unwind with a spa day and a manicure!
- You’ll need to break in those shoes if you want to rock the dance floor on the night.
- Pack your honeymoon bag.
- Get lots of sleep, you’ve earned it!